ALASKA DEFENSE FORUM
HOSTED BY: FAIRBANKS NORTH STAR BOROUGH
OCTOBER 3 - 4
Building Strong Alaska Defense Communities
Alaska is now the front line of North America’s defense. Achieving the capabilities necessary for military operations in Alaska and the Arctic requires deliberate engagement and coordination between the Department of Defense, Alaska defense communities, the State of Alaska and industry.
The Alaska Defense Forum will provide local leaders with strategies they can use to build strong military-community partnerships and rally new defense community champions at the state and local level. It will also educate our statewide defense community stakeholders on the policy and budget issues impacting our state’s military installations.
Join us in Fairbanks for a two-day forum that will bring together key leaders from ADC, DoD, defense community leadership, the State of Alaska and industry to explore the issues and innovative partnerships that are defining the future of the front line of our nation’s defense.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Local and state government officials
- Local and regional planners
- Military services leadership
- Local business leaders
- Aerospace and defense contractors
- Education professionals
- Defense-focused non-profit leaders
SELECT FORUM TOPICS
- Mission Resiliency: The Role of Defense Communities
- Alaska Missions
- The Arctic and U.S. National Security
- Best Practices in Supporting Spouse Employment and Quality of Life
- Best Practices – P4 Partnerships
- Installation Resiliency: Energy, Utilities, & Infrastructure
- Enhancing a State’s Military Economy
- Economic Opportunities for Military Families
- Training Land Usage
- Utility Resilience – Energy
- Best Practices on Military-Civilian Support Organization Collaboration
- Education and Workforce Development in the Alaska Defense Industry
Plus, Eielson Air Force Base Mission Tour & Fort Wainwright Mission Tour (pending confirmation).
This registration is for all attendees who are not DOD personnel attending in an official capacity.
Applies to only DOD Personnel attending in an official capacity. Please register with your .mil email.
-“Coast Guard cutters in port in Kodiak, Alaska” Photo by Petty Officer 1st Class Charly Hengen, U.S. Coast Guard District 17 03.19.2018